Monday, January 19, 2015

Discussion day Monday!

Discussion Day Monday!


A recent review for Obscured got me thinking. It said "...I don't know any 16 year olds just starting high school..." There was more to it but the rest isn't important what I want to talk about.

When I was in school, junior high was 7th grade- 9th grade. High school 10th grade- 12th grade. There was no 8th grade graduation. Our school district was the only one that I knew of that was this way. It's strange I realize now, and I think most of the district is still that way. Though some have changed to the norm, 9th- 12th high school. 

When I wrote Obscured I never considered how weird it may seem to everyone else outside of this small area, that is until this review was posted. I think it's kind of crazy that what is normal for someone is abnormal for someone else even with something as standard as levels in school. 

Knowing this logic it's not absurd to realize a 15 or 16 year old just starting high school in 10th grade is possible. 

So my question to you is have you ever written about something that was completely lost on others? What was it? 

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

CM 


No comments:

Post a Comment