Saturday, December 6, 2014

Author Interview- Tonya Burrows

Author Interview- Tonya Burrows

I am honored to have been able to interview Tonya Burrows. I have personally read her newest release Vision of Darkness and  you can read my review here

Here is the interview!


1. What were you like at school? 

I was quiet, kinda shy, nerdy with my nose always stuck in a book. I had a small group of friends that I hung out with and didn’t really venture outside our circle.

2. Were you good at English? 

Yes...and no. My problem was I preferred to read (and write) what I wanted to rather than what was assigned. But when something sparked my interest--an assignment on the Arthurian legend? Yes, please! Write a poem about World War II? Yup, I’m all over that!--then I threw myself into it and did very well. I was also good at B.S.ing my way through papers I didn’t particularly want to write. :)

    3. What are your ambitions for your writing career? 

    I hope this will be a life-long career. My first book is only a year and a half old, so I’m still basically a newcomer to the industry, but there’s nothing else I’d rather do with my life. So my ambitions are to keep writing and hopefully keep selling so that I can keep writing full time. Oh, and hitting a list once or twice wouldn’t be half bad.

    4. Which writers inspire you?

    I’ve always looked up to Lisa Gardner. She published her first book at (I believe) 21 and I always wanted to “beat” her. I didn’t, but I still managed to get published in my 20s so I guess I’ll just have to be happy with that. I also very much admire Nora Roberts for the sheer longevity of her career and I love J.R. Ward’s writing style.

    5. What genre are your books? 

    Romance. My new release, Vision of Darkness, is a bit of a departure from my usual military romances since there’s a bit of the paranormal thrown in. But it’s still an edge-of-your-seat romantic suspense!

    6. What draws you to this genre? 

    I’ve been a fan of mystery since I read my first Sherlock Holmes book in middle school, and a fan of romance since I read my first Harlequin around the same time. It just felt natural to meld the two together, but I didn’t realize I was writing romantic suspense until high school when I read my first Iris Johansen novel. Years later, I started sprinkling in bits of the paranormal to satisfy my life-long interest in the subject.

    7. Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book? 

    Oh boy. This is always a hard question. Okay, I think Sullivan Stapleton would be perfect for my hero, Alex. For my heroine, Pru… I dunno. Maybe Liv Tyler?

    8. What made you decide to sit down and actually start something? 

    Honestly...I don’t remember. I finished my first novel-length story in 8th grade and I haven’t stopped writing since. What can I say? It’s a compulsion.

    Thanks so much for having me here today!




    Vision of Darkness (D.I.E. Squadron, #1)

    A psychic DEA agent works to unravel the mystery of a cursed lighthouse and falls in love with it’s keeper.


    VISION OF DARKNESS is the first in the brand new D.I.E. Squadron romantic suspense series and will be released December 1, 2014. Fans of Christine Feehan's Ghost Walker series, or Rebecca Zanetti's FORGOTTEN SINS, will love this new series from Tonya Burrows! VISION OF DARKNESS is now available at Amazon. Get to know more about Tonya in this exclusive letter to readers

    VISION OF DARKNESS

    A beacon of light...
    Undercover DEA agent Alex Brennan doesn’t believe in the paranormal, despite the exhausting nightmares that reveal things he shouldn’t know. When sleep deprivation causes him to make a horrible mistake on the job, he is driven to find answers. Dreams guide him to a lighthouse in Three Churches, Maine, where he finds an inexplicable and comforting familiarity in the arms of the lighthouse’s beautiful keeper, Pru Maddox.

    A whisper of memory…
    Deadly misfortune has long plagued Pru’s family, the result of a curse “The Green Lady” placed on the lighthouse. Skeptical, Alex searches for less ghostly explanations, though he can’t deny that the town has had more than its fair share of disappearances, suicides, and accidents. As their passion simmers, Alex digs deeper, and his dreams turn violent, frightening, and very real.

    A vision of darkness...
    To keep Pru safe, Alex must embrace his abilities and unravel the lighthouse’s mystery. Except someone—or something—wants the past to stay buried...and will do anything to keep it that way.

    Tonya Burrows

    Tonya Burrows wrote her first romance in 8th grade and hasn't put down her pen since. Originally from a small town in Western New York, she’s currently soaking up the sun as a Florida girl. She suffers from a bad case of wanderlust and usually ends up moving someplace new every few years. Luckily, her two dogs and ginormous cat are excellent travel buddies.
    When she's not writing about hunky military heroes, Tonya can be found at a bookstore or the dog park. She also enjoys painting, watching movies, and her daily barre workouts. A geek at heart, she pledges her TV fandom to Supernatural and Dr. Who.
    Connect with Tonya at: Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Google + | Pinterest | GoodReads

    Displaying Tonya Burrows.200x278.jpg

    Spread the love and enter to win the tour-wide giveaway!



    Displaying VoD_TourBadge.jpg

    Keep up with the tour by stopping by one of these fabulous sites:
    Dec 2th ~ CMB Writes
    Dec 3th ~ MsRomanticReads
    Dec 16th ~ Bea’s Book Nook
    Dec 17th ~ Reviews by Crystal




    Displaying Tonya Burrows.200x278.jpg

    No comments:

    Post a Comment