Thursday, May 19, 2016

The BIG three-O

Today is my birthday! My 30th birthday... I know...
In 30 years, I've learned a lot, grown a lot, and failed a lot. Originally, as I sat down to write this post I was going to make a nice long list of my accomplishments over the years, but who wants to read that? Ha! So to make things a little more fun, in honor of my big thirty, I thought it might be fun to make a list of three of my biggest fail moments!
Your welcome!

1. When I was about 14, a friend of mine, a boy, told me that I was a weakling. To which I just had to prove him wrong. I brought back my arm to punch his arm. Unfortunately, I didn't account for him dodging the probably weak blow, and ended up hitting his shoulder blade.. Needless to say, he walked away laughing, and I walked away with a broken knuckle, a cast to my elbow, and a hurt ego.

2. When I was about 15, my dad drove a tow truck. A friend and I thought of a really cool new way to play tag, the person who was it would spin around 10 times then chase the other...Not very well thought out might I add, but what did we have to lose? I was first, I spun around fast, probably more than 10 times, and I began to run, I turned to look behind me when I ran smack into the bed of the tow truck completely clothes-lining me. To this day I'm pretty sure it knocked me out cold for a few seconds...

3. When I was 18, I worked at Starbucks. Yes. It was awesome. I had worked there for a long time, years in fact. When I had just finished making a Venti Iced drink for someone, I set it on the serving counter and slid it forward like I had on any other day. It slid a couple inches and then tipped over and spilled E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E. The customer jumped back out of the way, but I'm sure it still got on their pants...I was humiliated. To this day I still think about it every so often. I wonder if I am the butt of someones story still... "When I went to get my coffee the idiot spilled it on me..she was probably new!" HA!

Ha! Well, at least all these moments can give me a good laugh now.. and you too! :)

Happy 30th to me!

CM


P.S.
Obscured is FREE just for today!! Get yours now!!




No comments:

Post a Comment