Monday, January 6, 2014

Creativity in the minds of writers...

Writers find their stories in just about anything around them. While I don't have any one method for getting those creative juices flowing, I was introduced to a new way in my class last semester that I would not have come up with on my own. I simply would have walked past that discarded paper laying in the street, but not anymore.

If you google "found post its" a plethera of websites come up as well as images of little notes that have been left behind in the streets or elsewhere. These may say some of the most random things in which can create a new story in your mind. Below I have posted a link of one of the websites I found that offers a gallery of these little forgotten notes.

http://foundnotes.tumblr.com/archive

This approch has given me a reason to look at the world different and not only look at random papers I find that have been discarded, but it has also given me cause to look elsewhere as well.

If you find this interesting enough, I'd like to challenge those reading. Go find a note whether it be through a search engine or from one of the websites like I listed above, find a note that strikes you fancy. Write a short story and share it! I'd love to see what you come up with!

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to follow my blog.

CM

No comments:

Post a Comment