Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Stigma

I was watching a movie and this conversation played out. 

Man- "....she writes children's books." 
Woman- "Oh? Self published?" 
Man- "No, she's big time."
Woman- "Wow." 


As I played the words back in my head I thought, self-publishing isn't big time? But isn't that the truth? Readers, writers, and bloggers alike don't put the same stock in someone who is self-published as someone who is traditionally published. Why? Just because they don't have some agent telling them what to do? That just doesn't seem right. 

I get it, I do. Sometimes a self-published author doesn't put out their best work, say they don't get it edited or whatever the case may be. So then whoever reads that book goes any tells people about the bad experience they had with a self-published author and bam...stereotype! 

It's time to move past that and embrace all of the self-published authors! I guess it is the way you can shop Small Business Saturday! And be sure to leave your reviews on Amazon, GoodReads, and Barnes and noble!


This weekend when you are out doing all your Christmas shopping be sure you pick up a copy of a self published book. If you are looking for recommendations feel free to comment below! I have lots! 

Be sure to pick up your copy of Obscured!


C.M. 

No comments:

Post a Comment