Saturday, November 29, 2014

Book Review- Harry Potter and The Sorcerers Stone!

Book Review- Harry Potter and The Sorcerers Stone

By: J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)


I did not take the time to read the series before I watched the movies and I thoroughly enjoyed them. So I decided that it would be nice to read them to my 7 year old son to help get his interest in reading and also to of course spend some nice quality time with him. I will say that when I first told him about it and brought the book home, he fought me on it and did not want to read it and had decided reading was not for him. Shortly thereafter he changed his mind and asked me to read it to him. 

At first, he listened but did not seem interested at all, but as the story went on he became intrigued and begged me to read on nights we did not have time. At the same time, he grew a love of reading and now reads every night before bed for at least an hour, when before he "hated reading."  

We just finished it tonight and he is so excited to watch the movie and start the next book. 

With all that being said, I figured going about this review in the way that I normally would was not necessary being that the book is so popular. 

I would absolutely recommend reading this to your children, age appropriate of course. It is a great way to spend some great time with them and get them interested in reading at the same time. 

Have you read it to your kids? What did they think?

C.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment