Tuesday, December 27, 2016

JumpIn17

Throughout the year there are moments where you look around yourself in awe of the amazing people you have around you, kids, family, friends, and of course pets. 😉 But then there are the others in your life that you sometimes can take for granted.

Who could I be talking about? I listed everyone right?

Nope.

If you know my writing journey, you know that my family didn't even know I had begun this writing journey some 9 years ago. I kept it hidden. Hidden because of fear that I wouldn't succeed, fear that what I was writing wasn't good enough. And even though I've now published three books, I still have those fears, but that's not the point. When I finally took the plunge 2 and a half years ago and published Obscured, I didn't know where that would lead me. I didn't know anyone in my industry, but as I said I was hiding.

All that time that I spend crippled by fear, not allowing myself to dive in and go for it left me with a very little, sort of non-existent support system. Until recently.

About two months ago I was brought into a circle of other writers by a successful writer that I had been following for quite some time. She had created this smallish circle of writers that help each other All. The. Time.

In the short time I have been in the group, they have come through to help me with a few problems I was having when I otherwise would have been torn on what to do. In addition to that group, they have since introduced me to another group as well. It's like an enormous web branching out with all of these people who have so much knowledge to learn from.

The point of my post is that as the new year dawns, I want someone to learn from me. Branch out, don't hide. You never know what you might be missing out on. Something big might be just around the corner for you, but if you don't take that leap, you'll never know what might have been. So put away those doubts as you are thinking of New year's resolutions, something I don't really believe in, change your mindset and instead of saying "I'm going to change this this year..." Set a goals. Start small, Things that are attainable. For me if I said to myself "For the new year, I'm giving up soda!" 😲 Well. That just wouldn't be realistic for me.

I'd love to know what you've been on the fence about, is it writing a book? Is it learning to cook? Or bake? Maybe you've always wanted to be an artist, but you were scared that you have nothing amazing to create? Or you want to be a blogger, but feel that you have nothing insightful to blog about.... I challenge you to jump in and just do it. A little at a time.

Let me know if you do, I'll follow along with you. That's one of my goals this year, to connect more with my readers, I'd love to get to know all of you!

Let me know what you think! #jumpin17

CM

No comments:

Post a Comment