Friday, August 4, 2017

Let's talk: Back To School!!

        Let's talk: Back To School!!
      
        I love, love, love school supplies. Don't ask me why, but I do. So when back to school shopping comes, I'm excited. 

Like probably more than my kids, excited. 

One thing I don't always remember (except this year, this year I remembered but completely ignored that inner voice. WHY?) is that school shopping is fun in theory, that is until you haul three kids to the store with your list in hand. 

That is when the chaos ensues. Remember in my bio where it says I'm a Chaos Juggler... This is when that comes into play. 

 Three kids. Three people saying "mom look" of course at all different times. Oh and at the same time, that's probably even better. Jabbering away about how awesome this pencil pouch is or whining that they wanted the red one, but we got yellow. All the while you are *trying* with all your might to keep focused on the task at hand. Don't get me wrong, I love to check out what makes them excited, but at the right time, and this is not it.

At one point my oldest was sitting in the supply bin. Yes. In. The. Bin. 

Needless to say, after an hour and half in the store, I gave up and left with many items still on the list... Sigh... Another day. By myself.

Next year, I always tell myself, I'll do this shopping by myself. And then when the next year rolls around and I've forgotten the struggle, I cart all three kids back to the store. 
*Shakes head*

Did you bring the kiddos? 

CM


No comments:

Post a Comment