Saturday, December 6, 2014

Book Review- Married for Christmas

Book Review- Married For Christmas by Noelle Adams

Married for Christmas (Willow Park, #1)

When I found this book I thought "oh good a Christmas book." not really caring what genre it was. It turns out it is a Christian Romance. Now having never really taken interest in that genre I may not have picked it up if I had known. Not that I am against them, I am Christian. (We will not go into religion!) 

With all that being said, I really enjoyed this book. At first like all books, I felt it was a bit boring for the set up. Then....nothing really big happened yet for some reason I was hooked! I couldn't stop reading it. There was nothing that stood out that kept me reading, it just captivated me and I had to know what happened. I read this book in 24 hours.

As for the Christian undertones in this book, it did not slap you in the face with a bible. It did not push beliefs on you. It was simply centered around the church. 

One thing I did find a bit odd in the story was the swearing and then the profuse apologies for it.  I felt like that was a bit put on. I know swearing is frowned upon, but I don't really think that friends that close would have been disappointed if there were a few s-bombs or f-bombs that slip every once in a while. I felt like that could have been taken completely out. 

I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars! 

C.M. 

No comments:

Post a Comment