Sunday, May 1, 2016

May- WIP

abooksgenesis

May

In the Beginning… there was AN IDEA 
You can post about how your WIP came to be. Where did the idea to write a book come from?
Did you dream about it like Stephanie Meyer?
       I wish I had some fun story about how I came up with the idea for my series, but I don't. 
If you haven't read it here is Obscured synopsis:

Abby Martin was an ordinary girl about to start high school, or so she thought, until she became plagued with nightmares after learning that she would be moving to Arizona with her mother. Stressed doesn't even cover what Abby is feeling when she thinks about trying to make new friends, but to her surprised she is surrounded by a new crowd from day one. She is even drawn to one guy in particular, Pete, but when Eli tries to convince her to stay away, she begins to second guess whether he is the guy for her. Unfortunately, she doesn't heed his warnings and finds out too late he was right all along. What's more is Eli isn't who she thought he was either. Immortality, kidnapping, and gifts are now swirling through her mind. The deeper she dives into learning of Eli's world she finds herself more confused and in trouble. And to top things off Abby suddenly can't stop thinking of Eli, her Protector, in a whole new light, is that love she's feeling? Abby and Eli get in over their heads when Pete is plotting against them, but who will come out on top?

What I can say with certainty is that it came to me gradually throughout the writing process. As I wrote different scenarios came to me. It's as if the characters were in fact writing their own story. So let's just go with that! The characters wrote the story for me!
Can't wait to hear where some of you came up with your ideas! 

CM

Don't forget to check out Obscured



No comments:

Post a Comment